Sunday, February 12, 2006

Mr. Frog


I've been working on several projects and finally got one done. tee hee. A little frog. The green yarn I made him with has been calling to me for weeks, but I wanted to wait for my new hooks to arrive and they finally did this past Friday. yay! So here he is! I tried some new "techniques" in making him. His arms have wooden beeds at the ends and I did fill the lower part of his body with Poly-pellets. I have to find a better way of keeping the pellets from squeezing out between the yarn though (right now he's got a makeshift beanie bag inside him). He's got felt and button eyes that are partially hot glued down, just to be sure. Lot's of fun! Just a tiny guy. Weeeeee!
Here's Mr. Frog hanging out with my cat Lupin, who was taking a nap. haha
Now hanging out on the corner of my monitor.

10 comments:

cagrrl said...

hi
i just have to say this is my favorite website!!!!
i love your creations
....:)
cagrrl

Amigurumi Girl said...

Thank you so much!!! That is such a thrill to know! (*_*)

puchitomato said...

hi! i just found your blog. cute frog! and aren't amineko's so fun to make?

puchitomato said...

forgot to add, do you know the LJ group We Love Amigurumi

bri said...

I want to be Mr. Frog when I grow up.

wolfjoy said...

HeyO,
I'm in love w/ Mr. Frog... he may even win over my long-time love, Kermit! LOL Great Work!
You're looking for another, better way to keep the poly pellets in? Maybe a balloon would work, non-latex probably best...? Or, a nylon stocking; not just the toe, but any part of the leg, just close both ends up?? Just thoughts but maybe they'll pan out...
Any chance of sharing Mr. Frog's pattern? I haven't gotten brave enough to try amigurumi yet, keep thinking I need a pattern before striking out on my own! :)~

Amigurumi Girl said...

I'm still wondering what's the best way to reply to all these wonderful comments... I hope wolfjoy checks back inthis section... (^_^)'

Great ideas for the poly-pellets! I'll have to explore in that direction. Now do I have any old nylons (or ANY nylons at all)???

One day when I finally get to writing any of these patterns down I'll post one. I'll try to make it soon. (>_<)

wolfjoy said...

And I did! :} Check out the clothing thrift stores for silk stockings, you'd be surprised at what shows up! The nylon anklets are free when you shoe-shop at the mall... There's usually yucky-colored knee-highs in the clearance bins... LOL LOL
I am waiting with 'baited' breath ( frog's'll like me better with bait, right?) for the Mr. Frog pattern... lemme know when/if? ;)~

Jenn said...

thanks for the frog pattern i fell in love with frogie the first time i lay eyes on him.I'm from tornto canada and totally clueless of where to buy pellets for stuffing can u tell me where to buy them maybe one of those big name craft store might have it. When i'm done i'll post the pic.U can check out my amigurumi desgin on flickr and my blog. Thank you jenn

joyce said...

nice frog! very cute.