Saturday, August 11, 2007

How is the lion's mane done???

Hi again... some of you have been asking me about the patterns for the lion and the horse I recently posted. Unfortunately I cannot post the actual patterns, however I can answer some questions.

The lion's mane... how was that done? A really fun version of the good ol' sc. I've posted here pictures from the book on how to do that particular stitch. Steps 1 and 2 - your standard sc start but with a twist (it's difficult to see in the drawing but the middle finger is holding down a length of yarn in the back making a long loop)... Steps 3 and 4 (keeping that middle finger holding down that loop you then yarn over and hook through as the usual sc. Diagram 4 is a picture of the back of your work) - voila! So in this case, your "wrong" side of your work will be the presented side. yay!
Sorry the pictures aren't great. I'm actually in a rush to get out of the house. Today we're going to the Gravenstein Apple Festival in Sebastopol. Wooohooo!!! Aaaaapppleeeessss *drool* (*_*) Happy hookin'!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh, I am sooo jealous. We used to live in a Sebastopol. I'd love to be at the festival. Have fun!

gnathalie2 said...

Thanks for the instructions!!
Nathalie