Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Doodle a Day Keeps the Doldrums Away

I'm trying to dig out my creative self again. My TRUE creative self that once was when I was much younger. I was a fount of creativity back then and now this dried up well only trickles the occassional original idea. sigh. What happened? How does one fight the daily doldrums? How do we stay positive and optimistic in a world that sometimes seems to do nothing but spiral into a dark abyss of.... wow ok that's definitely NOT how to stay happy. hahah Let's get away from that line of thought.

So I've been doing some doodling. I figured that should help at least a little bit. These came out of my pens throughout last week. Here are some happy dreaming little flowers. A girl and a... dog? Looks more like a weird baby kangaroo or something at her feet. Some owls, love birds... and fish that could be hot air balloons maybe if you looked at it with squinty eyes.
(^_^)v

8 comments:

Just-Jennfu said...

Those are doodleicious, love the smiley flowers.

knittingdragonflies said...

I like your doodles! I am in a creative slump also. Luck with yours.
Vicki

Unknown said...

Your doodle are really cute. Your owls have great expressions. I am a bit partial to owls!

Libelula said...

I love the last doodle. Simple but really playful :)

Meqqa Spotlights said...

OMG! I loove those draws, i love knitting, and i like creative persons like ya! you can find me via facebook. ajaja i'm the only meqqa spotlights! :D i just wanted to tell you how i think they are so... bye! xoxo

Sabrina's Creations said...

Hi there! I love your las drawing the one with the birds! It looks so cute!
Sabrina

Helene said...

Got to love those dreaming flowers.

All So Cute said...

awww, Dreaming flowers - it gives me a smile, lovely.