Sunday, September 28, 2008

Everything but...

Everything but amigurumi. Sorry. I didn’t get very far with the whole amigurumi-ing during my midweek weekend. :( I tried. I really did. I got the yarn out, I had my hooks out, I even started something… but… I just wasn’t inspired enough I guess. So instead I started knitting a scarf. I have two skeins of wool ease sitting about and just the right size needles. I found this pattern of an easy cabled scarf at Pieknits. It's at the bottom of the page and is called Ropes and Ladders Scarf. I always wanted to try cabling. And that was that. Sad. Then today I finally painted this little girl. She’s dated 09.21.07. Just over a year later I’ve completed her.
Hahaha Man, I’m slow!

4 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

If you're not inspired, it's best to do something else. The scarf looks lovely, and the painting is delightful. Don't beat yourself up!! Be kind to yourself.

Andrea said...

she's cute, and I love that scarf! :]

Jenny said...

I was so inspired a while back by your amigurumi frog, I made two. Then a made a slew of others! That was my break from jewelry-making. Now, I've almost finished my first crocheted throw, and am learning to knit, too. It's like ADD in the creativity department.

Amigurumi Girl said...

Wow, Jenny, that's great! I'm glad that frog got you going. I've been working on a crocheted throw too... but it sounds like you're been much more diligent that me. Keep up the great creativity!!